Introducing the trailblazers of the roofing industry - a 100% woman-owned and operated roofing team that is revolutionizing the game. With fierce determination and unparalleled expertise, our all-woman crew is breaking barriers and soaring to new heights in the traditionally male-dominated field. From flawless installations to impeccable repairs, we're rewriting the rules and delivering roofing solutions that not only protect but empower. Join us on this empowering journey as we shatter stereotypes, one roof at a time.
1. Executive Summary
2. Company Overview
3. Business Description
4. Market Analysis
5. Operating Plan
6. Marketing and Sales Plan
7. Financial Plan
1. Executive Summary
Our female-owned roofing company has assembled an exceptional team of skilled and dedicated women who make up our all-female crew. With a commitment to excellence, customer satisfaction, and breaking gender barriers within the roofing industry, we are poised to become a leading force in the market.
At our company, we understand the significance of a well-maintained and reliable roof. With years of experience and expertise, our all-female crew is equipped to handle a wide range of roofing services including installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacements. We take pride in delivering high-quality workmanship and exceptional customer service on every project.
In addition to providing top-notch roofing solutions, we are committed to promoting gender equality and empowerment within the industry. By employing a diverse team of talented women, we challenge traditional norms and create a supportive work environment that fosters growth and development.
Our dedication to customer satisfaction drives us to go above and beyond for each client. We take the time to understand their specific needs, offering personalized and budget-friendly solutions that meet and exceed expectations.
As a female-owned business, we are proud to be pioneers in the roofing industry. We believe that diversity leads to innovation and better outcomes, and we are committed to providing exceptional service while championing gender equality.
In summary, our female-owned roofing company, with its all-female crew, is poised to revolutionize the industry. We offer unparalleled expertise, exceptional customer service, and a commitment to breaking gender barriers. Whether you need a new roof, repairs, or maintenance services, we are your trusted partner for all your roofing needs.
2. Company Overview
Our roofing company is a proud, female-owned business with an all-female crew dedicated to providing exceptional roofing services. With a commitment to professionalism, quality workmanship, and customer satisfaction, we aim to establish ourselves as a leading provider in the roofing industry.
What sets us apart is our team of talented and dedicated women who bring a unique perspective and skillset to the roofing industry. We prioritize diversity and inclusion, fostering an empowering work environment that encourages growth and development for our crew members.
As a female-owned business, we actively promote gender equality and empowerment within the roofing industry. We believe that diversity leads to innovation and better outcomes, and we are proud to be breaking barriers and challenging traditional norms.
Whether you require a new roof installation, repairs, or maintenance services, our company is dedicated to delivering exceptional results with a focus on quality, reliability, and professionalism. We are passionate about what we do and are committed to ensuring that every customer receives the best roofing solutions available.
In summary, our female-owned roofing company, with its all-female crew, offers top-notch roofing services backed by years of experience and a commitment to customer satisfaction. We strive to bring diversity and empowerment to the industry while delivering high-quality, personalized solutions for our valued customers.
· Company summary: Our team, headquartered in Mesa, Arizona, aims to become a leading construction company specializing in roofing, siding, windows, and remodeling services. We will primarily serve residential clients but will also undertake commercial projects when feasible. We will utilize the convenience of using license, bonded, and insured sub-contractors for 80% of our company project. This saves on company owned equipment, significant decrease in WC insurance rates and our main point of differentiation is our all-women roofing teams, which will provide a unique and empowering experience for both our employees and clients. Helping pave the way to a more female friendly industry.
· Mission Statement: It is the mission statement is to provide each customer with a first-class experience. Our guarantee that each project will be completed by accredited and highly skilled employees, using only superior products, manufactured by top of the industry manufactures and backed by the highest rated warranty in both materials and workmanship. We, together as a team, strive daily to achieve greatness. Leaving every client with nothing less than a 5 star experience.
· Markets and services:The construction industry is a highly competitive market, but there is an increasing demand for specialized services and diversity in the workforce. Our focus on roofing, siding, windows, and remodeling will cater to homeowners seeking renovations or repairs. Additionally, our commitment to an all-women roofing team will attract clients who value diversity and empowerment. By positioning ourselves as a trusted and reliable construction company, we will target clients within the LBGTQ community and aim to gain a significant market share. We offer a full 4 hours inhome cleaning with every roof we install.
· Operational structure:The corporation is set up with an executive board consisting of 3 board members currently. All decisions that involve costs of above 10,000 or more must be made through a board vote. Then from that point the positions are as follows. Please see org chart below.
3. Business Description
· Opportunity:Roofing is a 1.2-billion-dollar industry locally. Women make up only 2.5% of the overall construction labor force. That means that many women are being overlooked and this will provide the opritinity for them to prove themselves. Create jobs, give women a opritunity to grow, lead and succeed.
· Product overview: Our Team will offer the following services:
- Roofing: Installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection services.
- Siding: Installation, repair, and replacement of various siding materials.
- Windows: Installation, repair, and replacement of windows.
- Remodeling: Small to major remodeling services, including kitchen and bathroom renovations, basement finishing, and home additions.
We will ensure that all services are delivered with utmost professionalism, quality craftsmanship, and adherence to industry standards.
· Key participants: SRS supplier, Beacon Supply, ABC Supply, and home depot are very crucial to our operation. GAF, Owens Corning, Malarkey, IKO and Tamko are major manufactures and key to our company.
· Pricing :Our profit margin is on a average of 47% across the board. Company pricing below. The key to our sale has two key factors that separate us from others, First we can offer the 50 warranty and after 25 installs we will be able to offer the manufacture backed 25 year workmanship warranty as a Master Elite installer (normally takes about 10 years to achieve that status only given to the top 2% of the roofing industry, but due to the owners previous status GAF is going to fast track that to only 25 roofs installed.
Pricing:(cont.): Our next difference is we have contracted with a local cleaning company that allows us to pay 40 a job for a 4-hour cleaning of the customer’s home with every new roof. The price is worth the gesture to give them a nice point to enjoy their new roof.
4. Market Analysis
· Industry type: Operators in the Roofing Contractors industry install roofing and skylights and perform treatments on roofs (e.g., coating, painting, spraying). The work performed includes new work, additions, alterations, maintenance, and repairs. It is a 1.2-billion-dollar industry with approx. 1,034 roofing companies in the Phoenix “Valley” area. The activity performed can be seen below:
| Asphalt roofing | Installing Architectural asphalt roofing shingle to roof
Tile Roofing Installing ceramic or concrete tiles, slate, or shingles
Single-ply roofing Installing single-ply, built-up, metal, liquid, and modified bitumen roofing systems
Sheet metal roofing Installing sheet metal
Other Replacing broken tiles and shingles Repairing capping in cement or acrylic mortar
All Others | Applying roof sealer compounds and cleaning existing roof materials Installing soffit under easement facias Securing flashings and capping and repairing leaks
· Target Customers Residential homeowners, property management companies, realtors, Insurance agents, developers, and small commercial businesses are the individuals’ powers will intentionally market too.
· Competition: There are approximately 34,056 licensed construction companies in Arizona (this includes developers and specialty companies that we do not compete against). Out of the 34,056 companies, not one has the unique diversity we offer. We are helping pave a way for women who want to earn the money and work in the industry but not with the back of the deck view. Other threats or competitors are the average “Chuck in the truck” “unlicensed” companies that will underbid and perform the work themselves. We can’t stop that possibility so we must work harder at getting the correct information out to the public regarding the risks involved when hiring unlicensed contractors.
| SWOT analysis: Below is a SWOT analysis to put all elements in transparency.
| STRENGTHS· Experience · Prior success · Prepared · Supported · Established · Aggressive · Ambitious · Committed
| WEAKNESSES· Backlash · Must work harder. · Scrutinized · No credit established. · Need max funds. · Finding quality labor · Starting new · Fighting gender discrimination
| OPPORTUNITIES· Media support · Gender support · Unique structure · Any attention is advertising. · Reality show · Spotlighted in manufacture marketing
| THREATS· Industry backlash · Discrimination · Under microscope to be criticized · Workers getting harassed. · “Chuck in the truck”
5. Operating Plan
Our company is designed with the most modern and effective operations plan in place. From the Org chart to the workflow, each position is outlined with fully comprehendible written instructions to achieve any and all deliverables needed to have a error free system.
This starts with proper training both inhouse and 3rd party training programs to educate every employee of not only their requirements inside their positions wheel hub. It also will educate them on all aspects of roofing and construction to help reduce the number of errors in areas such as bidding, quoting, ordering, compensating and will provide them the correct dialog and knowledge when speaking to customers and suppliers.
Our operations is built on the “handing the baton” model. It holds the most accuracy and accountability in any workflow. (Example of a standard project from lead to close)
1. The lead comes in and the Production Assistant enters lead into CRM.
2. PA calls and sets up bid appointment with the next available sales reps (available appointment times are 10 – 1 – 4 or 6 Monday – Saturday
3. Once the appointment is set and automated email goes out to the customer and sales rep, providing welcome info, appointment time and contact info if needed.
4. The customer is then moved inside the CRM to “appointment set’ Stage.
5. Salesman attends the appointment and obtains pictures for GAF Hoover E360 to get house measurements. Inspects roof, attic and ventilation and leaves homeowner with product information and additional company background information.
6. Salesman then uploads any info and pictures to customer file and slides customer to “Appt Complete / Send Bid” stage which then triggers a automated notification to the PA that bid appointment is complete and to create bid.
7. PA downloads roof measurements and creates 2 bids from our predesigned “economy” & “premium” templates. Adding any additional customized or requested information. Sets margins at 47% and 51% and emails to customer within 24 hours.
8. Then put customer into “Bid Sent” stage. Which automatic notification are sent to salesman and a follow up email sent 3 and 7 days follow up to customer and a notification at 2 weeks is sent out if file has not moved to remind PA & salesmen to reach out.
9. If the customer moves forward the contract is created and sent DocuSign along with the 50% down deposit invoice (due prior to calendar date set.
10. Once deposit is received and color is selected PA creates Material Order and work order and sends through the CRM system to supplier and schedules the delivery for the 2nd day of production as a rooftop delivery.
11. PA sends over work order to sub-contractor which provides materials ordered, scope of work required, and any details needed for a successful project.
12. Then PA puts customer into “Job Waiting” status and an automatic notification is sent two days prior to start date for job prepping.
13. Once the job is complete a 30-point inspection is scheduled, and invoice is sent out to customer. Final and complete payment is required within 72 HOURS of completion and or a late fee and initial property lien is started to be filed.
14. Final payment is received, and warranty is ordered, and final email is sent requesting review and congratulating them on their new roof.
· Order fulfillment: Through the established CRM we are directly connected to multiple suppliers, this allows us the ability to bid and order with real time pricing and receive real time notifications (along with pictures) of when and how material was loaded.
· Payment: We charge approximately 475-550 a square for our economy packet (please see sample bid of what that includes. We charge 600 upwards to 1,200 for our Premium packages (please see premium estimate) Please see extras charges for additional work and add Ons. Our payment policy is as follows:
1. All payments are due in full within 72 hours of completion of the project unless other arrangements are made in writing, agreed to, and signed by both the contractor and client.
2. If payments due under this agreement are not paid in full within 72 hours of the date such payments are due, the Contractor reserves the right to pursue all appropriate remedies, including stopping work with one (1) day prior written notice. A penalty of 10% of the contract price shall be added to past due accounts.
3. If at any time an invoice remains unpaid for a period more than thirty (30) days, and thereafter a lien on a property must be foreclosed, a service charge of one and on half percent (1-1/2%) per month from the date of original invoice, an effective maximum rate of eighteen percent (18%) per annum, will be charged on past due accounts.
4. Timely payment of amounts due under this agreement is a condition of this agreement. Failure to make payments in full within the time limits stated above will be considered substantial non-compliance with the terms of this agreement and will be the cause for termination of this agreement if the Contractor so chooses.
5. In the event a lien or suit is filed by Contractor to collect any amounts owed under this agreement, Client agrees to pay the Contractor reasonable attorney’s fees, plus all costs and other expenses incurred by Contractor in connection with such lien or suit.
6. In the event there exists a dispute related to performance of the contract or damage, Client agrees to pay Contractor in full in accordance with the terms herein and wait to receive refund should Client be entitled to refund related to work performed or damage incurred.
· Technology: If technology is critical to the business, whether it is part of the service offering or is fundamental to delivering a service, describe the key technologies used that are proprietary. If the business data (company or customer) is at risk, describe the data security plan in place, as well as any backup or recovery in the case of a disaster or outage.
· Key customers:Key customers are customers in HOA, large community that will do the “I want what they have” type action.
6. Marketing and Sales Plan
We will have a sales team that will not only do print marketing but will canvas door to door with a small bouquet to leave an imprint of who we are.
Key messages:We do not sign on the spot even if they wanted to, we encourage them to get a minimum of 3 bids and feel confident in their choice. We are under no pressure. We provide a full presentation and answer all questions. We make them feel like they are the most important customer to us! Our price, professionalism and quality sell itself.
· Marketing activities: We have already had 2 news channels and Arizona University inquire and ready to cover when we launch.
· Media advertising (newspaper, magazine, television, radio)
· Direct mail
· Telephone solicitation
· Seminars or business conferences
· Joint advertising with other companies
· Word of mouth or fixed signage
· Digital marketing such as social media, email marketing, SEO, or blogging
· Provide limited free consultations (such as free job pricing for Contractors, free landscaping consultation for landscapers, or free pricing opinions for real estate agents)
· Sponsor local sports teams or other community events
· Give free informational talks either at the business offices or for local businesses offering complementary services (such as a real estate agent providing seminars about preparing a home to bring to market)
· Do free work for local non-profits (such as an ad agency designing a local farmer’s market’s website for free)
· Sales strategy: Sales approach will be 2 outside sales, a lead generator and a solid system for customer response and Customer service.
7. Financial Plan
The initial investment required for setting up our team is estimated at 500,000. The funding will be sourced through investment capital. The projected revenue for the first year (12 months with the fiscal year ending in December) is expected to be 1.9 million, with an annual growth rate of 30 %. For the first 3 years. We calculate those expectations based on both the unique diversity we will be providing for the largely growing diverse community and the additional exposure from the reality TV show and additional exposure through both media and print write ups on the company. We anticipate that our competitive pricing, quality services, and unique offering of all-women roofing teams will enable us to achieve profitability within the first two years of operation and our superior quality and customer service with start the referral and word of mouth advertising beyond that point.
· Projected start-up costs: The table below is a detailed P & L for the first year, these numbers were derived from the actual numbers produced by the owner’s previous company. The business model and operating plan that these numbers were based on was created by the owner and CEO of the company. With some perfecting tweaks to the prior system will operate from the same model from lead, sale, production to final invoice. The owner, Cristi Powers, was the sole individual that created the prior system, trained, implemented and was the hands on the single individual that ran the company these totals came from. The prior company was operated with only Cristi, a single general manager, to oversee the projects and the subcontractors she hired.
· Why we are comfortable with the numbers: Having been the individual who created the system these numbers were achieved on, in addition I created all documents, implemented, and trained all software, created all deliverables, and implemented all tasks for each deliverable listed on the org chart. Going through and fine tuning any holes in the system and correct them before launching the company, provides the proof that these numbers are not only possible but have already been proven.
· Expansion: Expansion will be possible at 30% rate by opening remote locations, utilizing sub-contractors, partnering with the pioneer in the industry “Pink Belt Roofing” from Canada. The relationship being built is strong an with the reputation, experience and drive, the two of us will be making a huge impact and spread it throughout the US and Canada.
All investors with a minimum 100,000 investment will receive a single voting share on the board for as long as the investor is financially invested. The max number of voting shares per person is 3. And 5% Revenue of net for 3 years. then 15% For following 3 years a 500,000 investment your money would earn 3 voters rights and a net revenue of 15% of net for the first 2 years and 10% of net for an additional 3 years. Example below is a 500,000 ROI
Example: Year 1 –$ 878,620 = $131,793 / Year 2- 1,041,206=$171,330 / Year 3- $1,142,206 = $148,486, /Year 4- $1,930,327= $193,032 / Year 5- $2,509,425= $250,942